Trying to manage my time as a new mom and college student while job searching AND maintaining a happy household can be quite exhausting. Therefore easy meals are my best friends. My go-to place for new and easy recipes is Pinterest. My most recent attempt at a recipe was a success with my honey and I plan on making it a regular meal. Since the original recipe was for 6, I only prepared 1/3 of the recipe for 2 people.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves (I used garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork chops (6 4 oz portions)
- Salt and pepper (Adobo will do the trick)
- First of all I rinsed the pork chops and let them sit in water with a splash or two of white distilled vinger to disinfect the meat. This is a personal preference and isn’t necessary.
- In a medium bowl mix ketchup, honey, garlic, and soy sauce.
- Lightly season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper (or adobo). Brush a coat of sauce on each chop.
- Heat up a medium sized pan to medium high heat. No grease is needed since the pork chops will release their fat and cook down.
- Cook chops evenly on both sides, about 8-10 minutes, coating each side with leftover sauce after turning.
Serve with preferred side of mashed potatoes or rice with a serving of salad.